My Tools of the Trade
- Illustrator – vector work, this is my prime tool
- Photoshop – photo editing
- InDesign – multi-page layouts
- WordPress – my site builder of choice
- Elegant Themes – DIVI the tool I use with WordPress
- Sketch – web assets & wireframes
- my trusty sketchbook – where logo marks begin
- UI – make ’em smile on the way
- Slack – communication with the team is key
- Basecamp – project management
- Asana – project management and team communication
- YNAB – personal finance
EveryDollar– personal finance
- AndCo – biz accounting, remote work time management
- 62+ clients served 100% 100%
- 7 non-profits helped 75% 75%
- 4,800 web ads created 50% 50%
Thanks for taking the time to check out the page I’ve built just for you! In here I hope to show you a taste of who I am personally, professionally, and what I bring to the table to be part of your team as a Graphic Designer.
I love what I do, and I enjoy the excited co-creators I get to work with. I say co-creators because I don’t work in a box. Even though I have been a solopreneur for the last 6 years I consider each one of my clients a co-creator, working collaboratively. We work together to discover the best solution to solve whatever pain point we’re working to tackle. My clients have some ownership, excited to move forward, and have a passion for what they do. It’s synergy! And that’s yummy!
Now my focus has is to join a with other studio/ agency team.
I chose this path to have the opportunity to have a change of pace from strictly solo client work and to serve and collaborate with other creatives. This is why working for with you makes a fantastic next step for me.
Let’s see what else?
My beliefs on how design should be done, and why it’s important?
And now for the lists of work and school stuff.
Or just skip ahead to…
•Interactive design process discussing goals, challenges, and deadlines with clients of various service industries
• Marketing ideas that match their brand guidelines and user research on their target market.
• Top notch customer service and great attention to detail. I don’t leave my clients hanging with questions on how to use the assets I’ve created for them. Need a different file of your logo? I’m here to help – anytime, I strive to be very responsive to their needs while keeping balance as a business owner.
• Client file management is paramount as I’m kinda a organizational freak. In a good way 😉
• User Interface Design to make their experience the best it can be, custom logos, brochures, bus ads, business cards and banners for identity packages to name a few.
2013 – Today
Coporate identity design for both Capstone Physical Therapy and landing pages for the Lynden Chamber of Commerce was the majority of work that I have done for Teradominion. Time management was key in this position.
I wore several hats for 1250Media, one as a print designer: I produce fliers, business cards, posters, and other print collateral as needed. Wearing my Account Executive hat for prospective clients I oer test drive
sessions to showcase the power and ease of use of 1250’s proprietary Impulse Content Management System (CMS). I help new clients get familiar with their
new content management system with a thorough online screen-share training session. I also help QA sites before they launch, and take care of additional edits once they are up and running. Test drive sessions with potential clients to showcase the power and ease of
use of their proprietary Impulse Content Management System, and thorough training sessions for new clients just entering into the wonderful world of the
Yes, I took a break from design and followed a love of healing arts. This unique business provided an unusual service by offering massage and childcare to local moms in a loving home atmosphere.
As the business owner I, also created various forms of web and print marketing assets of course! I was my own best client!
Villagio Inn & Spa • Yountville CA
Massage Therapist – 2002 to 2006
Catering to mostly vacationing crowd where customer service is paramount. Also as a natural encourager/ problem solver, I resolved scheduling issues as well.
Print design and production including annual reports, trade show materials, advertisements, brochures, and complete business communication packages.
There is more work history prior to this, I have freelanced since 93′ off and on. I don’t want to bore you, so If you want more ancient history, just ask. 😉
Specialized courses: Marketing, Media Law & Ethics, Digital Photo Imaging, Pre-Press and Press Technology, Beginning Spanish and Psychology.
Specialized courses: Typography, Advanced Production, Advertising Design, Problem Solving, Photography, and Illustration classes.
Received 100 hours of instruction from Dr. Steven Ticen and his staff on anatomy and massage techniques. I was said to be a natural feeling the tight spots of my subjects and owing through the massage was fairly easy for me. My massage speaks for itself, years of experience has been my best instructor.